Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this restored Georgian-Greek Revival mansion, built in 1847, was once the home of Confederate General Stephen D. Lee, first President of MSU, first Superintendent of Vicksburg National Park, founder of the United Confederate Veterans, and first Chairman of the Board for the Mississippi Department of Archives and History. The house is fully furnished and includes personal items of the Lee family and the museum upstairs houses a treasure trove of Civil War artifacts and collections.
316 North 7th Street, Columbus, Mississippi 39701, United States
316 7th Street North Columbus Mississippi 39701 US
tel: (662) 327-8888tel: (662) 327-8888