French Camp, originally known as the Frenchman’s Camp and used as a recruitment facility by General Andrew Jackson, was founded circa 1810 when Louis LeFleur and his family opened a stand, or tavern, and inn. His son, Greenwood LeFleur, changed the spelling of his last name to LeFlore and later became a Mississippi Senator and Principal Chief of the Choctaw. Visitors traveling down the Natchez Trace can drive or walk through French Camp Historic District. A wooden boardwalk extends through the entire district from the Log Cabin Gift Shop to the Bed & Breakfast Inn, and Greenwood Leflore’s former council house now houses the Council House Café.
Le Fleur Cir, French Camp, Mississippi 39745, United States
Le Fleur Circle French Camp Mississippi 39745 US